Daily Archives: July 15, 2011
Hadith no. 428 is a repeat. Read it here.
Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:
Allah’s Apostle said, “I have been given five things which were not given to any amongst the Prophets before me. These are:
1. Allah made me victorious by awe (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month’s journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum. Therefore my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me (and was not made so for anyone else).
4. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation exclusively but I have been sent 1o all mankind.
5. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection.)
Proud to be from his ummah? I know I am.
But it’s not enough. It comes with a responsibility. Like it or not, you have to fulfill it.
Responsibility (yours, mine and ours): SPREAD THE MESSAGE (Qur’an).
Take it seriously. You’re going to be asked about it. *shudders*
Hadith no. 426 is a repeat. Read it here.
Narrated ‘Aisha and ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas:
When the last moment of the life of Allah’s Apostle came he started putting his ‘Khamisa’ on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, “May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets.” The Prophet was warning (Muslims) of what those had done.
Yes, it’s important to pay a visit to Prophet (SAW)’s grave when you visit Madinah. But doing wild things with all things related to his grave is just plain crazy. Rubbing yourself with the ‘jaliyan‘ and kissing everything won’t get you the blessings that you think you’ll get. Prophet (SAW) sternly admonished his ummah to not take his grave as a shrine after him. I see the Saudi government doing as much as they can to obey him. Help them do it! Go easy on the walls and stones when in Masjid Nabwi. That’s just material. The man you’re trying to reach dies long time ago, may Allah’s Peace and Blessings be upon him. The one way you can make him happy and proud of you is to follow him. Do that. InshaAllah.