Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:
The Prophet said, “I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month’s journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.
Feeling special? :)
Listen to this. Has a relevance to this Hadith. Enjoy!
Prayer is obligatory on all Muslims, despite their skin color, their financial status, their culture, race, geography etc. So no matter where we are, we have to pray when it’s time for Salah. Oh and save your excuses, because you don’t need a mosque/prayer rug to pray, as the whole Earth is made a ‘masjid‘ (place of prostration) for us.
Prior to the construction of the mosque, the Prophet offered the prayers at sheep-folds.
This Hadith reminded me of a nasheed/song “The Crazy Spots I’ve Prayed” by Dawud Wharnsby Ali. Give it a listen!
This is in relation to this post:
This nasheed is really interesting. You’ll definitely get encouraged to pray at different places and everywhere. :)
And it gets even more interesting when you keep the memories, as the name goes:
The Crazy Spots I’ve Prayed: