Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle informed about the news of the death of An-Najash on the day he died. He went out with us to the Musalla and we aligned in rows and he said four Takbirs for An-Najashi’s funeral prayer.
The Prophet offered the funeral prayer of As-Hama An-Najash and said four Takbir.
Narrated Talha bin ‘Abdullah bin ‘Auf:
I offered the funeral prayer behind Ibn Abbas and he recited Al-Fatiha and said, “You should know that it (i.e. recitation of Al-Fatiha) is the tradition of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Takbeer (saying Allahu Akbar)
- Surah al-Fatihah + any other surah/ayaat
- Durood (sending salutations to the Prophet (SAW))
- Making du`a for the deceased
- Pause – Tasleem (saying assalamu`alaykum wa rahmatullah) to the right (only)
For a detailed description (and the du`a for the deceased), go through this link.